1.01.2010

Resolution of 2010!

I've decided to cook or bake something new every weekend of 2010. If I don't succeed on the weekends, I'm going to try to do it during the week. I really need to be more interested in cooking because I'm a runner, and I should be more cognizant of the nutrients my body needs if I'm running 20-25 miles a week. So, I shall be updating as I go about my adventures, and maybe I'll get my blog turned into a movie like Julie Powell (Julie and Julia) ;-)

Today I made Chocolate Biscotti with Cranberries, as well as white chocolate chips. It was a very intense project, and it took a good hour to make the delicacy. I've never made any sort of bread-like product, so I was taken aback at how difficult dough is to stir. I don't think I let the dough sit bake quite long enough in its initial form, and I definitely didn't cut it small enough. But, all in all, it turned out really well! Either everyone was lying about how much they liked it, or it actually was really really good. (Full disclosure, mostly only family members ate it, and they have to like me and anything I do.)

Tomorrow I'm making my specialty, sweet potato pudding, for Christmas dinner on my dad's side. I love this dish, and so far have made it 4 times in about 6 weeks. Its pretty easy though, and super nutritious, so I like having it in my cooking repertoire. I do have a scar on my thumb though from the first time I made this, but nobody ever said cooking wasn't dangerous.

Other exciting news - today is my one-year anniversary with my dog, Piper. We've had quite the year, and she is the most constant and wonderful thing I have in my life, at least in non-human form. She's a great running companion, greets me every time I come home with loads of kisses, and makes me feel like I'm the most important thing in the world. My life certainly wouldn't be as full or interesting without her. If it isn't obvious, I absolutely adore my Piper. Here's my girl:


Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2010 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment