1.13.2010

Attempt #2

To make up for the disastrous potato soup from Sunday, I made mom's stew beef on Monday. I'm telling you what, coming home to the smell of cooked food is probably the best thing in the world. I never actually have food in the crockpot, so this was a nice break from tradition.

I let the meet stew all day, and then added half a packet of beef stew seasoning, made some rice, and voila! A full meal prepared with really no fuss. If this is all cooking is, I can handle that.

Monday, otherwise, was a pretty uncool day. I got turned down for two jobs, including the fellowship I desperately wanted in Charlotte. The other one was actually in higher education, but alas, no go on that either. Later in the evening, to top off the great day I'd had thus far, I broke my favorite plate. Maybe that'll teach me to put it on the floor for Piper to lick. Blast!

I did get to watch the 100th episode of "How I Met Your Mother" though, so that was one bright spot in my evening. I'm not sure Neil Patrick Harris can get much cuter. Nor can Joshua Radnor. The musical number reminded me so much of NPH in "Dr. Horrible", which makes me long for a sequel of that.

Oh, I was asked to post the potato soup recipe:
2 c. hash browns
Carrots, grated fine (for color)
Onion, chopped OR onion powder, to taste
4 c. milk
Salt
Pepper
1/4 c. butter
Boil hash browns and drain. Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top when serving.

I can't imagine where it went wrong with so little direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment